We believe that our relationship with you must begin by knowing you as a person. Knowing your dental history, medical needs, and particular concerns about dentistry like anxiety or fear matter to us. Much of what we learn about you at the first visit will help us customize your care and make specific accommodations for treating your dental needs. We welcome you and thank you for the opportunity to help you care for your oral health. Please feel free to call with any questions you may have. See you soon!
Your First Appointment
- A one-on-one interview to review your medical and dental history. This is a great time to share any particular needs or concerns you may have related to dentistry for example fear, anxiety or sedation.
- Head and neck exam, during which you will have an exam of your muscles, lymph nodes and glands as well as a screening for TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorders).
- Intra oral exam, which includes a soft tissue exam with oral cancer screening and detection of tooth decay, wear and fractures. We will also assess the function and alignment of teeth for indications of the potential need for orthodontics as well as the replacement of missing teeth.
- Periodontal exam to detect periodontal disease. The examination and probing of gums helps identify the overall state of gums and bone support. This information is important in determining the type and extent of cleaning you require, and how frequent.
- We will also take any necessary films, which may include a full series of x-rays, as well as a panoramic film. These films give a full view of teeth and jaw for the most comprehensive examination.
- We may take intraoral photos depending on your needs and general oral health. This is done with a small wand that contains a camera. These photos are useful to better determine what is happening in your mouth and are also helpful to patients in understanding their dental conditions and/or needs. Additional photos may also be taken if there are specific esthetic issues or concerns.
- Once treatment needs are determined we will discuss these with you. Occasionally, we will reschedule you for a consult if time is needed for a thoughtful review of the findings from your exam. The consult is to discuss the exam findings and treatment recommendations if indicated. We will also give recommendations for continuing care. We will then reserve time in the hygiene program specific to your needs.
- For this initial exam we reserve an hour of time for you. We want to give you our full attention and the thoroughness you deserve. We care about your complete oral and dental health.
Our office is located at 34617 11th Place South, Suite 102, Federal Way, Washington.
Call us at Federal Way Office Phone Number 253-838-2659 or click on the “Book an Appointment” link below to schedule at appointment online.
See What Our Patients Are Saying About Us
“In the past I had moved from dentist to dentist, but I finally feel at home here. The hygienist is very friendly and aware of my needs. Dr. Fredericks is warm and compassionate. The atmosphere in the office is very comforting and professional. I highly recommend this practice to anyone in the area. “
“I hadn’t been to the dentist in several years, if I had known it was going to be this comfortable I would have gone a long time ago. Dr. Fredericks and her staff make you feel welcomed. I had quite a bit of work that needed to be done and they never made me feel bad about it. I would recommend Dr. Fredericks and her team to anyone looking for a dentist. “
“This dentist and her staff are one of the best kept secrets of Federal Way! Caring, meticulous, gifted, wonderful people!”
“I needed some cosmetic work done on four of my front teeth. I asked a few friends if they knew of a good cosmetic dentist. My co-worker recommended I see Dr. Fredericks. The office looks great and all the staff were polite and friendly. Dr. Fredericks is very professional and skilled at what she does. The crowns she did look fantastic and very natural. She’s not just a doctor. She is a true artist! I honestly could not be happier with the results. Best dentist I’ve had. ”